I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) who specializes in working with adolescents and emerging adults (~ ages14-35). I work with clients compassionately and with a deep respect for the courage involved in healing. I aspire to walk alongside my clients as they grapple with questions of identity, relationship concerns, anxiety, depression, trauma, stressful life events, and self-destructive behaviors.
Walt Whitman wrote that we each contain multitudes. I often look back on my life and feel I have lived many lives. I have lived in Cuba, Japan, Spain, and France. I speak French and Spanish fluently. In addition to a Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology, I have also completed a Master’s degree in Fine Arts. I was once in the circus, I was once in PreMed. I have thrived and I have struggled, not least with depression, anxiety, and divorce. Carl Jung believed that the concept of the wounded healer, the person who is at home with their own darkness and suffering, is at the core of the healing process. I strive to bring this quality to my work, drawing strength and wisdom from both my successes and struggles.
In addition to working as a psychotherapist, I am a writer of creative nonfiction and the proud mother of 5 quirky cats and three geriatric dogs.
Please visit the Philosophy section for more information about the ways I work. If my words resonate with the kind of support you think you might be seeking, please free to request a consultation. It will be my real pleasure to return your request at my earliest convenience.
Education and Training
- Master of Education in Counseling Psychology
University of British Columbia (2014-2017)
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Nonfiction
University of Arizona (2009-2011)
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
University of British Columbia (2007)
- In addition to working in private practice, I am currently a child and youth counsellor with a non-profit organization on the North Shore
- Advanced training in Sandplay Therapy with the Canadian Sandplay Association of Canada
- Extensive training and experience in play therapy and expressive arts therapy
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Certification in Motivational Interviewing from the University of British Columbia
- Certified Lego Serious Play facilitator
- 15 years working in the community as both a teacher and a counsellor
- British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (#14918)
- Canadian Association of Sandplay Therapy